A Wonderful Easter!

Posted by Mike


Lindsay's first Easter was great!


After breakfast, I sat on the couch with Lindsay and explained why we celebrate Easter. I'm not sure that she quite understood, but she did at least appear to be entertained by my story. Jill and I then explained to Lindsay that there are some very special people in heaven, watching over her and smiling, to which she smiled right back. Then, it was off to Unionville for our first dinner, with my grandparents. She looked absolutely precious in her Easter dress. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get more pictures. For this holiday, we enforced a rule that anyone was welcome to hold Lindsay while she was awake, but once she fell asleep, the next place she went was to her carseat until she woke back up. It was very hard to tell people that they couldn't hold her, but after seeing how she reacted after being passed around like a hot potato at her baptism and St. Patrick's Day, we had to try something. This system seemed to work out very well for Lindsay, as she did not seem a bit over-tired when we got home. And......a happy peanut = a happy mom and dad. From Unionville we ventured down to Grand Blanc for dinner with Jill's family. After being fed and changed, Lindsay was a little angel. She was alert and interactive as she tried to entertain anyone who wanted to watch her. She already likes to be the center of attention. All in all it was a very peaceful day; great food and wonderful time spent with loved ones.


Easter is a time to reflect on all of the gifts that God has given us. We are so very blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn said...

    I know you hear this all the time but she is just so darn precious! I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter.

  2. Mike said...

    Thanks Dawn!