The "Pain Train" has pulled into the station...

Posted by Mike

Today was the first day of "Boot Camp". Our employer basically built us a gym last year and provides us with a very reasonable rate. Since last spring, a coworker and I have been working out pretty regularly, 2-3 days per week. Not super aggressive, but you have to start somewhere. Lately, we have been on a good regimen of lunch-hour workouts. As a good number of us "techies" have been utilizing this flex-lunch, one of the trainers finally convinced many of us to join a new class. As it was no cost to us, we pretty much had nothing to lose, except a few calories of course. So, today we all joined his Boot Camp. I knew we were in trouble when Marty (the trainer) showed up decked in camo and sporting a rambo-style headband. He then informed us where he had positioned the barf-bucket. At this point I think it was safe to say that most of us were wondering just what we had gotten ourselves into. At any rate, the class was a blast; all body weight exercises and high tempo. And now.........I hurt. But, I worked out hard and left it all on the floor, holding nothing back. I may wince a bit when I wake up tomorrow, but I will grin knowing that I have survived round 1 and am ready for more.

BRING IT ON!!!

3 comments:

  1. Joe said...

    Tag you are it :)

  2. Anonymous said...

    Penalty. 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike tagging on Joe.

    Upon further review: on March 6, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Joe tagged Sherri, making her "it". According to the generally accepted international rules of Tag, this means that at 12:02 AM, Joe was no longer "it". This also means that the Tag in this post, at 12:02 AM violated common tagging procedure. =)

  3. sherri and Adam said...

    roflmao Mike your too funny!!! So I guess by me tagging 2 people (1 being your wife) only the first person I tagged is "it"? LOL