A New Resolution.

Posted by Mike

Once again I have decided to try to clean up my diet and exercise habits. Over the past few months, I have really begun to appreciate the role that the Grandparents have played in Lindsay's life. After witnessing the joy that she has brought to them, and all of the love that they have showed her, I truly want to be happy and healthy in the hopes that one day I will be able to do the same.

My plan is to slowly start eliminating garbage from my diet and step up my exercise regimen. I will admit; in the past I have tried the same plan, and have failed on countless occasions. It always seems way to easy to skip my workout, chow down on a burger and some fries, and kick back on the couch for the rest of the evening. The problem: I was not holding myself accountable. This time however, I will be held accountable by all of my readers, a nice ticking counter on my Blog, and a beautiful baby girl.

Step 1: No Soda. No Coffee.
In the past I have found some success in giving up soda and coffee as a launching point. This will eliminate a great deal of empty calories, sodium, and caffeine. In the morning, I will switch to green tea. It will provide a nice bonus of antioxidants and will still provide a little caffeine boost in the morning, while avoiding the negative aspects of coffee. The remainder of the day, I will drink water, milk, and natural fruit juices (absolutely no high fructose corn syrup). Overall, a small step, but it takes a few small victories to get the ball rolling.

Hopefully this is the just beginning of a healthier new me. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. sherri and Adam said...

    Good luck...I'm just going to get my hinnie out walking around these big country blocks when it warms up..while the kids are at school!!! We all need some exercise!!
    ~SHERRI~

  2. Jill said...

    way to go on your resolution. Lindsay and I are proud of you!!!!