A Very Special Day!

Posted by Mike


Today, our little Lindsay was baptized. She was an absolute angel during the service. I have witnessed countless baptisms, but it is far more emotional when your own little girl experiences this special event. After the service, we hosted a brunch at our place. I would like to send a special "thank you" to everyone who helped with the breakfast. In all, we had 23 adults and 2 children for Lindsay's party. At times it was a bit overwhelming for me, but it is always wonderful when I see how well our families and friends get along. I am so very thankful that everyone can get together and have a wonderful time on occasions such as this. Thank you also to everyone who traveled to be here today. It means a lot to Jill and I that so many people could make it to the early service. Also, I would like to thank our sponsors; my sister Angie and her husband Andy, and our good friends Lance and Liz. We are so happy that these couples accepted such a special role in Lindsay's life. Today was such an incredible day! Looking back on it now, it makes me a bit teary-eyed to realize how truly blessed we are to have such a wonderful daughter, family, and friends.

4 comments:

  1. sherri and Adam said...

    Ha...so glad things went great today. I do need to tell you that I was your brother-in-laws boss at big boy...gosh FOREVER ago. He came into the store this am, and we both looked at each other like hey I know you...LOL. He said, "I know you" and I said, "yeah I know you too. How do I know you?" He's like..."from big boy!!!" He's like..."do you live out here?" and I said, "yeah kind of." I said, "do you?" and he said, "no my brother in law does though." After he left, I was like, I know they have their baptism today...I just wonder.....LOL. Now that I see the picture.....it all came to me. TOO funny. Tell him I said hi, and tell him that you guys bought my old house, he'll think it's funny!! LOL Take care

    ~Sherri~

  2. Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the nice day... Nice Post...

  3. lizandlance said...

    Lance and I are honored to be Lindsays Sponsors! It was a wonderful day for a special little girl!

  4. Dawn said...

    What a special day for a special girl! Glad that it was perfect for you all. What a blessing she is.