First Night Away...

Posted by Mike

Last night I flew out here to Chicago for a facility tour and personalized product briefing at the Panduit Demo Center. It was the first night that I did not get to personally say "Goodnight" to my little munchkin. Honestly, it was a very weird feeling being away from my family. I usually travel a couple times a year for a week or so at a time, but this trip was WAY different now that we have Lindsay. But at any rate, I will be flying back home this afternoon. The real test will be in April when I head to Cincinnati for a full week for VMware training. I think I may invest in a pair of webcams before then. =)

On a lighter note, the trip has been nice so far. Matt and Kristen, our Panduit and GrayBar Reps, took us out to Tin Fish for dinner last night. If anyone ever happens to find themselves in the Tinley Park area, it is definitely worth your time if you like seafood. Great food, outstanding service, and even Warsteiner on tap.

I just finished my workout, got cleaned up, and am now just taking some time to relax in my room. Unfortunately, the coffee maker keeps taunting me. If the windows in the room opened, it may have found itself a one-way ticket to the parking lot. Ah, well. 14+ days and still counting. At this point I think I can go a few rounds with Mr. Coffee. =)

0 comments: