Lindsay - 5 Weeks Old!

Posted by Mike

Wow, how time flies!

My little girl is growing up right before my eyes. Her once tiny little hands and feet, while still small, have become noticeably bigger, and does she ever have a good grip. This past week she has also started to out-grow some of her "newborn" size clothes. It seems like she only wore some of them once or twice. I am very excited that she is now starting to interact with us a bit more. Jill and I have started to work with her on the Boppy to help develop head control and it is pretty amazing how well she can move her head around already. We also have "music time" on a regular basis and have been working with her to track motion and sounds using pictures and rattles. It is so exciting to see the progress she is making.

It is also amazing how much my life has changed. Before Lindsay, it seemed that Jill and I were almost always on the go and barely ever at home. Now, we forgo many of our dinners out, our impromptu shopping trips, and other events so that we can spend more time with Lindsay. We had to try so very hard to have Lindsay, and now that she is here we are treasuring every moment that we can spend with her. Even from a financial perspective, I find myself sacrificing many of the "me" purchases in favor of getting Lindsay a cute new outfit or something. All-in-all it has become evident that my life now revolves around a cute little girl; a little girl that has made me realize how lucky I am.

2 comments:

  1. Joe said...

    Savor and Thank God for every minute... It will go faster than you can imagine. We are so happy for you guys :)

  2. sherri and Adam said...

    What a great post. It's amazing how having a child changes your life!!