Let it Snow...

Posted by Mike

This week I finally decided that I was tired of shoveling snow and purchased a snowblower. I'm not exactly sure what pushed me over the edge, but my driveway and sidewalk do appear to get a little longer every time I shovel. At any rate, I did at least manage to hold out until now, thus scoring a great deal as many equipment dealers are trying to liquidate stock this late in the winter season. My dad dropped the snowblower off today, just in time for the impending snow storm. It looks like I'll at least get one good use out of it this year. I am one of the few in my family that really enjoys the snow, and it will be even better now that I don't have to shovel it.

This evening I did come up with one question. As I go in to work at 7:30 AM, I usually did a bit of shoveling between 6:00 and 6:30 to clear a path to the cars. As the snowblower is a bit noisy, would it be inconsiderate to run it at 6:00 AM before I leave for work? In the summer, I usually wait until at least 9:00 AM to run the lawn mower or trimmer. However, unlike the lawn, snow is something that usually needs to be addressed in the morning. And perhaps the snowblower isn't even that loud when you're not standing right next to it. If anyone has a comment on this topic, I'd love to hear some opinions. For tomorrow morning........I'll play it by ear.

2 comments:

  1. Joe said...

    Mike - You should have went with the MacBook :)

    I think it is ok to snowblow in the morning, and I have seen people on my block doing so at 6:30 when I am leaving for work. However, if your neighbor works 2nd shift it might not be the right thing to do :)

    I personally don't to the snowblowing in the morning, because I would be out at 5:30 AM, and that is just too early...

  2. sherri and Adam said...

    We snow blowed in the morning many times there Mike. Janet never seemed to mind. But usually Adam would do hers as well, since she is older. Nothing you have to do. Adam LOVES snowblowing.

    Now here out in BFE, no one is around to hear it, LOL