A Little Country Girl

Posted by Mike





This past weekend Lindsay got a chance to see what it's like to grow up in the country. Saturday morning, she and mom were seen watching CMT and were singing along with the music videos. Apparently she likes country music, as she was seemingly waving her arms around and smiling. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to break out the JD hat that Grandpa Eric had bought her. That's my little girl!! I can't wait until the fall when she can wear her pink JD hoodie (also courtesy of Grandpa). I am sure one proud Dad.


Sunday afternoon I decided to break out the grill for the first time this year. Hamburgers just sounded too good. As I was out getting the grill ready, I had to step back a second to consider the image I was portraying to my neighbors and any passers-by. There I was wearing jeans, an old fleece pullover, sandals with socks (needed the socks to keep my feet warm, as it is in fact winter), armed with a beer and a propane torch, trying to get the charcoal lit. Wow...... I imagine that this is the point, years from now, where Lindsay would be truly embarrassed.


Sunday, Lindsay went on her first trip to Patriot country to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa. Lindsay enjoyed the visit and even got to go down to Grandpa's shop to see how the work on her crib was going. Mom showed her the "work in progress" and she looked very confused and/or concerned. It was almost as if she was trying to say: "Dad,are you sure you know what you're doing. This isn't exactly what I had envisioned as my crib." I just hope I can get the crib finished soon, as I think she'll be ready for it sooner than I had thought.

Well....that pretty much sums up the highlights of the weekend. I just love being a Dad!!

0 comments: