Feisty Friday - The Prologue

Posted by Mike

So, as I just recently had an enlightening (by that I really mean, ridiculous) support call with Citrix, I decided that I may start a series of posts where I can vent a little, and any readers can in turn vent as well. While working on my blog the other night, I thought to myself. "Self, why don't you create a series of blogs titled 'Feisty Friday' and make them a bi-weekly, Friday post?" Now for the quick history lesson...

The exact circumstances surrounding "Feisty Friday" are a bit fuzzy, but it's origins are rooted in an plush cubicle, filled with Cisco paraphernalia. It was in this cube that Telco-Joe was engaged in a similarly enlightening conversation with Verizon, regarding high-speed internet. As I sit in the cube next door, it was pretty apparent to me that Joe was getting a little fired up on this call. It wasn't long before half of our group was huddled around his cube to witness this masterful display of call escalation. In the weeks following, Joe would occasionally arrive at work with the disclaimer: "I'm a bit feisty today, guys". Soon after, this became a running theme and received it's own designated day, thus the coined term: "Feisty Friday".

So, every once in a while (on Fridays, of course) I will open discussion on some topic that warrants a bit of venting. People who can't park. Level-1 tech support. The sky's the limit. And just maybe, we'll even see a "Feisty Friday" post from Joe himself.

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Dawn said...

    Nice blog Mike, and what a precious picture of little Lindsay. Such a dolly!

    I will hopefully send the non-feisty Joe to work tomorrow, although I know you all love it! ;)

    ~Dawn

  2. sherri and Adam said...

    I hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog via Joe's site.....what a beautiful daughter you have...congrats...

    It's very funny to think of her in Bryce's old room...LOL I still wanna come see what ya did to the house one of these days

    take care and stop in at the store more often...i wanna see your little girl

    ~Sherri~

  3. Mike said...

    Dawn and Sherri,

    Thank you both for visiting my blog.

    I think Joe may have gotten a bit feisty today when an overwhelming number of people felt that he shouldn't get the MacBook. =)

    We'll have to bring Lindsay up to the store sometime to see you, Sherri. And once we get things a little more finished here at the house, we'll have to invite you over to see how things turned out.

  4. sherri and Adam said...

    sounds like a plan.....please feel free to visit my blog as well...i do believe joe has a link on his...i am NOT computer literate...so it's nothing fancy...lol

    dawn and i were trying to plan a get together soon....maybe we could all hang out, and play some guitar hero and wii......we played apples to apples last night...wow that was fun....going to buy that soon too

    i work next saturday from 2-10...usually i am there on week days, and out by 2pm...that probably don't work for you...so thats my only night shift coming up....day shifts are my thing while the boys are at school...so if your not busy, bring your daughter up if ya feel like it...thanks
    take care