Never Ceases to Amaze Me!

Posted by Mike

Lindsay is now nearing 9 months of age.  How the time flies.  Lately it she has been displaying an ever-evolving little personality.  It's just so amazing to watch.  It seems like she waits for opportune times to make silly facial expressions and she has even begun to express her displeasure when she feels someone is ruining her fun (how dare Daddy NOT let her chew on his shoe).  What I love most is her very inquisitive nature.  Today I let her borrow my watch and she studied it intently for over 10 minutes.  She would pass it from one hand to the other, allowing the links to flip-flop and collapse back and forth.  Each time she would pause for a second and watch closely as she made the transition.  She seemed bound and determined to figure out how that worked.  After then studying a few of the links in particular, she finally got bored (or figured it out) and decided to see if it would work for teething.  She's so small and yet she seems to be learning so much.  My friend Joe summed it up well one day when he said "They're really just little people."  Sure she can't walk or talk yet, but she's got her own little personality, curious little hands, and tons of little mannerisms to let us know how her day is going.  Watching her path to toddlerhood (is that a word?) is just simply amazing.  I love being a Dad!

4 comments:

  1. sherri and Adam said...

    Aww such a great post. I can't believe she is almost 9 months old! It most certinaly does go by fast! They are just so fun and amazing to watch and see them trying to figure things out! Can you just imagine what is going thru their head! Too cute! Remember me when you all are in a pinch for day care....at least until the store opens back up. I would most certinaly enjoy watching her, since mine are both at school all day and I am home all alone! Take care!

  2. Mike said...

    You're right, I would just love to know what Lindsay is thinking sometimes. Though I guess the mystery of it is pretty cool too.

    We'll definitely keep the daycare offer in mind. Thank you for the offer. The daycare staff always tell us that she is a joy to have in the room, so I'm sure Lindsay wouldn't be too much trouble. We've had a few times where one of the grandparents wasn't available on their normal day, so that could be a big help.

  3. Joe said...

    Well, I guess since I was quoted I should post a quick comment :)

    You will be telling yourself the "little people" comment for years to come, because they will say and do the craziest things sometimes... Don't worry she will tell you what she is thinking soon enough (good or bad).

  4. sherri and Adam said...

    LOL Joe...that is very true about them telling you what they are thinking...but when they are soo small...I just wonder what's going on up there!

    Mike......I'm hoping Joe would say that I was a good babysitter...LOL I don't want it to sound like I am pushing the issue, just letting you guys know I am available! I loved having my day care and really miss it, but of course I still want to work outside the house when that door opens back up! I am babysitting for Adam's sister when she has her baby (nov) every Tuesday so I am kind of getting back into it! Lindsay is just too cute and I just want you guys to know I am here if ya need help! : )