The Beginning of a New Generation!

Posted by Mike

This past weekend was wonderful! My one request for Father's day was to spend it up at our cabin on Henderson Lake. It ended up being a very special weekend, as the cabin welcomed Lindsay, the first member of it's fifth generation. I remember spending so much time up there when I was a kid and now, seeing Lindsay up at the lake is a dream come true. There are just so many things I want to show her up there. It's a chance to relive some of my favorite childhood memories through my little girl. Absolutely priceless! Although the weekend started out by me getting the car stuck (long story), I was soon kicking back to enjoy some fishing and some much needed R&R. A storm rolled in Saturday evening and produced some very cool clouds and a variety of lightning. We sat out and watched it by the campfire until the rain got too bad. Sunday morning was awesome! A little cool to start but the sun was shining. Lindsay went on her first walk (or ride) around the neighborhood and was soon fast asleep. Upon our return, Lindsay got to see fishing first-hand, although she seemed much more interested in the bobber than in the fish. Oh, well. She is only 5 months old after all. All in all, we all had a wonderful time, and can't wait to head back up over the 4th of July weekend.

1 comments:

  1. sherri and Adam said...

    AWWW very cute, glad your first fathers day was a memorable one!!! The pics are great!! Hope many fun filled memories are made at the cabin.